When Highclere Castle is closed you can still visit Downton Abbey sites in the beautiful Oxfordshire Cotswolds, and end at the birthplace of Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace.
|Prices from||$249 per person|
Combine a visit to the magnificent and opulent Blenheim Palace, with a drive through the delightful Cotswolds to discover some of the filming locations from the popular TV series “Downton Abbey”.
- Maximum 16 people per tour
- Admission to Blenheim Palace and the Sir Winston Churchill Exhibition
- Visit Sir Winston Churchill’s grave in Bladon village
- Explore stunning Cotswolds villages & Downton Abbey filming sites
- Departures available from London & Oxford
We then head to the village of Bladon to visit the graves of Sir Winston and Lady Churchill, before a lunch break in the vibrant and historic Cotswold town of Woodstock.
The afternoon is spent at the majestic Blenheim Palace built for Sir John Churchill between 1705 and 1724. The largest privately owned house in the country saw the birth of Sir Winston Churchill in 1874, and boasts over 2,000 acres of landscaped gardens by Lancelot ‘Capability’ Brown. Enjoy the Churchill exhibition and stroll through the delightful grounds before our return to London.