Learn about the mysteries and myths of Loch Ness, visit Scottish estuaries and gaze at some of the most breathtaking scenery of the Scottish Highlands. Scotland is famed for its monstrous lake inhabitant and outstanding natural beauty – uncover both on this tour.
Leaving from Edinburgh, head north towards the Highlands on a comfortable coach. Ride over the red steel supports of the Fourth Railway Bridge and make a quick stop in Pitlochry to savour a tasty home-made treat from local bakers.
Delve further into the rugged wilderness as you reach Cairngorm National Park and soak up the views of dramatic, craggy cliffs and boggy, moss-covered hillsides. From the park, head to Fort Augustus and the banks of the infamous Loch Ness. Enjoy a break for lunch or opt to board a ferry boat for a closer look at the mysterious waters that are purported to hide the mythical aquatic creature. Just up the road, enter the stunning beauty of Glen Coe’s steep, green hillsides. As you take in the sights, listen to your guide tell stories of the valley’s bloody history and the 17th-century massacre of the MacDonald clan.
On your return to Edinburgh, see the mediaeval city of Stirling with its towering fairy-tale castle. Finish your tour with a solemn reflection at the William Wallace Monument as your guide offers insightful commentary about the exploits of this adventurous legend who provided the inspiration for the film Braveheart.
Please note on December 26 neither Urquhart Castle or the Loch Ness cruise are available.
|Prices from||$85 per person|
- Chance to see the home of the famous Loch Ness Monster
- Untamed landscapes & stunning scenery of the Highlands
- Verdant mountains & deep valleys of the infamous Glen Coe
- Intriguing stories & myths of the country’s dramatic history
- Views of the iconic Wallace Monument & Stirling Castle
- Guided tour of Glen Coe, Loch Ness & the Scottish Highlands
- Roundtrip transport to and from central Edinburgh
- Live tour commentary provided in English